For instance, water from the Lesotho Highlands scheme is being mixed with partially treated acid mine drainage and then pumped directly into the River Vaal.
What does AMD stand for?
AMD stands for Acid Mine Drainage
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AMD
We have 255 other meanings of AMD in our Acronym Attic
- Auxiliary Machinery Cooling Water
- Department of Energy, Assistant Manager for Commercial Nuclear Waste and Projects (sometimes seen as DOE AMCW)
- Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita, Distal, X-Linked
- Arthrogryposis, X-Linked, Type V
- A Major Decision
- A Modest Destiny (comic)
- Abri Masuk Desa (Indonesia)
- Acceleration Monitoring Device
- Accessoires Mobiles Diffusion (French: Mobile Broadcast Accessories)
- Acid Maltase Deficiency
Samples in periodicals archive:
The impending disaster that would be created by acid mine drainage as well as sewerage and industrial pollution had on many occasions been brought to the attention of the government, with no positive results, the Association said.
Acid mine drainage also facilitates the release of heavy metals that are poisonous to wildlife and people.
The mine's old tunnels and shafts contain millions of gallons of metals-laden acid mine drainage, Tuttle said.