Most studies of neurodegeneration used the acetyl-L-carnitine form of carnitine.
What does ACL stand for?
ACL stands for Acetyl-L-Carnitine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACL
We have 419 other meanings of ACL in our Acronym Attic
- Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University
- All Canadian Karate Union (Alberta, Canada)
- Abington Community Library (Clarks Summit, PA)
- Academic Computing Lab
- Academic Conferences Limited (various locations)
- Accelerator Command Language
- Accelerator Control Listing
- Access Compatibility Layer
- Access Control List
- Accessory Collateral Ligament (anatomy)
- Acquisition Career Level
- Active and Collaborative Learning (various schools)
- Active Control List
- Ada Community Library (Idaho)
- Adaptive Cost-Sensitive LRU (Least Recently Used; algorithm)
- Adjacent Channel Leakage
- Administrative Civil Liability (California)
- Administrative Control Limit
- Adult and Community Learning
- Advanced CMOS Logic
Samples in periodicals archive:
2010) reported that serum total cholesterol and TG level were significantly decreased with increased acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) in diets.
L-CARNITINE DERIVATIVES 25 Acetyl-L-carnitine 25 Acetyl-L-carnitine Hydrochloride 25 L-carnitine Fumarate 25 DL-carnitine HCl 25 L-carnitine Tartrate 25 Health Benefits of L-carnitine Tartrate 26 Brain Nerves 26 Heart 26 Immune Cells 26 Liver 26 Muscles 26 Recovery from Surgeries 27 Sperm 27 6.
In a study by Tomassini et al, (9) acetyl-L-carnitine reduced fatigue in multiple patients compared with amantadine.
The authors suggested that the suppressed platelet activity was caused by intracellular hydrolysis of propionyl-L-carnitine to L-carnitine with subsequent depletion of acetyl-CoA as a result of acetyl-L-carnitine formation (13).
ACTG A5157: This study will look at the effectiveness of acetyl-L-carnitine for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy associated with certain anti-HIV drugs like Videx, Zerit, and Hivid.
The study durations were 3, 6, and 12 months, and daily dosages of acetyl-L-carnitine varied from 1.
I found two nutrients essential for good brain function that restored my memory: Phosphatidyl serine (PS) and acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC).