Secondly, although the article doesn't refer to acetone, a can of acetone is pictured, giving the reader the impression acetone may be the best solution for degreasing the base screws and holes.
What does ACTN stand for?
ACTN stands for Acetone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACTN
We have 2 other meanings of ACTN in our Acronym Attic
- Activate Logical Unit
- Aircraft Collection Tasking Message
- Arkansas Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Association of Certified Treasury Managers (est. 1998; India)
- Atlantic College of Therapeutic Massage (Fredericton, NB, Canada)
- Atmospheric Chemistry Transport Model
- Australian College of Tropical Medicine
- Auto, Commercial, Trailer, Motorcycle (California Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Association Canadienne des Thérapeutes en Médecines Douces (French: Canadian Association of Therapists in Complementary Medicine)
- An Agricultural Chemical Transport Model (book)
- Advisory Committee for Trade Negotiations
- Advisory Committee on Training in Nursing
- AIDS Clinical Trials Network
- Association for Comprehensive Neurotherapy
- Actinin, Alpha1
- Australian Capital Territory Network Opposing War
- Action Officer
- Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Alliance of Concerned Transport Organizations (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Use a cotton bud dipped in acetone and gently apply the solution to the glue a few drops at a time .
CMAI), Houston, has completrd the 2010 World Cumene/Phenol & Acetone Analysis, an annual global study that covers past and future developments of supply, demand, production, capacity, trade, pricing and profitability of the global Cumene, Phenol and Acetone industry for the period 2004 to 2014.
 studied the acetone transport in [gamma]-irradiated PC.
Methyl acetate has a higher flash point than acetone and also offers hydrophobic properties, resulting in improved cost and performance benefits over acetone in certain applications, according to the company.
Two years ago, the same team reported in Science that imploding bubbles in small tanks of acetone yielded neutrons and tritium, a radioactive form of hydrogen, suggesting that fusion was taking place (SN: 3/9/02, p.
Application: Acetone pulping produces the best pulp and paper sheets from wheat straw, but it takes a higher solvent concentration and a higher pressure than ethanol-acetone pulping takes.