Wood panels in building materials, furniture, or vehicles include adhesives and binders, which release aldehydes such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde during aging and heating.
What does HAc stand for?
HAc stands for Acetaldehyde
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAc
We have 289 other meanings of HAc in our Acronym Attic
- Harmful Algal BloomS Observing System
- Habitability Technology
- Highland Avenue Baptist Tabernacle (Fort Thomas, KY)
- Hips-Abs-Butt-Thighs (class; Singapore)
- Hydroxyapatite and Barium Titanate
- Has and Belongs to Many (Ruby on Rails)
- Hellsfire All Balls Up (nickname for SR-71)
- Highest and Best Use (property valuation)
- Hook A Brother Up
- Hotel Am Blauen Wunder (German: Blue Wonder Hotel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scientists also have known from laboratory experiments that acetaldehyde can cause DNA damage, trigger chromosomal abnormalities in cell cultures and act as an animal carcinogen.
The reaction conditions are also optimized to reach high selectivity to desired products while inhibiting the formation of acetaldehyde and propanoic acid on the basis of the reaction mechanism.
Methanol and acetaldehyde were emitted in the greatest quantities.
Methods: Effect of PartySmart on blood acetaldehyde and alcohol levels was evaluated at doses of 125, 250 and 500 mg/kg b.