Parmenter explains that there are four filtering mechanisms that increase employee value and help cut unnecessary health care costs: * A communication and education strategy; * A health promotion strategy that includes onsite screenings, health and prevention training and online medical decision support; * An accountable health plan built around the employee's existing doctor relationship; * An outbound healthcare coaching service.
What does AHP stand for?
AHP stands for Accountable Health Plan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AHP
We have 231 other meanings of AHP in our Acronym Attic
- Arizona Hikers and Outdoor Trail Explorers (Phoenix metropolitan area)
- Association of Home Office Underwriters
- Army Housing Online User Services (US Army)
- A History of Violence(John Wagner book)
- Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, and Obesity in the Young (committee)
- Australian Humanist of the Year (award)
- Abnormal Head Posture
- Above Head of Passes (nautical mileage)
- Academy of Hospice Physicians
- Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (Virox Technologies Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION HEALTH CARE REFORM proposal contained a number of changes, including accountable health plans and health care purchasing cooperatives; however, the key managerial component of the plan was the National Health Board.
These cooperatives would then contract with accountable health plans (AHPs) to provide services.
The HIPCs would buy from an Affordable or Accountable Health Plan, a government-approved entity that would integrate the provision and insurance of health-care services.
Health Alliances are "super-sized purchasing cooperatives" which will represent large, diverse groups of enrollees in buying health insurance from Accountable Health Plans or "supersized HMOs.
But be careful, because HIPCs "only market standardized benefit packages offered by accountable health plans.
The first is an accountable health plan (AHP) or integrated delivery network (IDN) ownership model.
Reform plans being considered by the White House and others would create integrated networks of physicians, hospitals, insurers, and other health providers known as accountable health plans (AHPs).