The High Productivity Computing Systems (HPCS) initiative managed by DARPA is akin to the Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative (ASCI) undertaken by the US Department of Energy to drive supercomputing technology from the hundreds of gigaflops to the hundreds of teraflops level in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
What does ASCI stand for?
ASCI stands for Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASCI
We have 55 other meanings of ASCI in our Acronym Attic
- American Society for Circumpolar Health
- American Society of Church History
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall (est. 1984; Portland, OR)
- Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists
- Alberta Senior Citizens' Housing Association (Canada)
- American Society of Chemical Engineers
- Alaska State Commission for Human Rights (Anchorage, AK)
- Assorted Scattering Chamber at RIKEN Accelerator Research Facility
- Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad
- Advanced Simulation and Computing Initiative (US Department of Energy)
- Advanced Speech Call Item
- Advanced Strategic Computing Initiative
- Advertising Standards Council of India
- Alaska Supply Chain Integrators, LLC
- American Society for Clinical Investigation (established in 1908; Ann Arbor, MI)
- American Steel Construction Institute
- Argus Sour Crude Index (New York Mercantile Exchange)
- Associazione Scout Cattolici Italiani (Italian Catholic Scout Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IBM and Lawrence Livermore have a long history of working together on supercomputing projects, most significantly on the NNSA's Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative (ASCI) Program.
Stockpile Stewardship Contributions The budget document pointed out that the ICF contributes to the goals of the Weapons Stockpile Stewardship program by: * Providing facilities and capabilities needed to study many of the basic and applied science issues underlying stockpile stewardship; * Conducting experiments to validate and verify the advanced weapons simulation codes being developed by the core nuclear weapons program and the Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative (ASCI) to assess the reliability and effects of aging on weapons in the stockpile; * Providing calculational techniques to model high energy density phenomena in new simulation codes; and * Helping to retain the high quality of scientific and technical expertise necessary for national security.
Etnus TotalView parallel debugger and analyzer will be used in 30 TeraOPS system to be built by Compaq for the Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative (ASCI) program Etnus, the leading supplier of parallel application debuggers for the high performance computing community, has announced that the TotalView debugger/analyzer was selected for use in the U.
Both supercomputers are products of the Department of Energy's Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative.
Blue Pacific is a 4,096 PowerPC processor RS/6000 SP machine, and part of the US Department of Energy-funded ASCI Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative.