The program, the Accelerated Precision Mortar Initiative, emerged out of a request from field commanders in Afghanistan in February 2009; the precision rounds were recently test-fired at Yuma Proving Ground, Ariz.
What does APMI stand for?
APMI stands for Accelerated Precision Mortar Initiative (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APMI
We have 25 other meanings of APMI in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Project Managers Group (Buckinghamshire, England, UK)
- Associate Program Manager for General Counsel
- Advanced Popular Music Harmony (course)
- Antenatal And Postnatal Mental Health (UK)
- American Psychotherapy and Medical Hypnosis Association (Brownsville, TX)
- Association of Professional Material Handling Consultants
- Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Alliance for Patients' Mutual Help Organizations
- Age-Predicted Maximum Heart Rate
- Aged Persons Mental Health Services (Australia)
- American Powder Metallurgy Institute
- Amsterdam Pain Management Index (cancer)
- Asia Pacific Management Institute
- Associate of the Pensions Management Institute (UK)
- Atlas Precious Metals Inc. (Nevada)
- Australasian Philippines Mining, Inc.
- Airfields, Pavements and Mobility Information Analysis Center
- Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care (Imperial College; UK)
- Associate Parliamentary Manufacturing Industry Group (UK)
- Andhra Pradesh Micro Irrigation Project (Andhra Pradesh, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Program Executive Office (PEO) for Ammunition fielded Accelerated Precision Mortar Initiative (APMI) cartridges to one Infantry brigade combat team (IBCT) and is scheduled to field cartridges to the seven other IBCTs in Afghanistan within six months.