At the banding station, visitors can marvel at the intense orange of a Baltimore oriole or the "whiskers" on an Acadian flycatcher.
What does ACFL stand for?
ACFL stands for Acadian Flycatcher (bird)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACFL
We have 6 other meanings of ACFL in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Council for International Development
- Association of Concerned Filipinos (est. 1984; Hong Kong; also seen as ACFIL-HK)
- Association of Concerned Filipinos in Hong Kong (est. 1984; also seen as ACFIL)
- Accounting and Finance
- Applied Corporate Finance Program
- Advisory Committee on Fungal Infections and Superficial Parasites (UK Health Protection Agency)
- Asian Center for Journalism (Ateneo de Manila University; Manila, Philippines)
- Alternate Command Facility, Kunia
- Aquaculture Center of the Florida Keys (Marathon, FL)
- A Canticle For Leibowitz
- Africa Cares for Life (pregnancy)
- Agreed Cease Fire Line
- Anacortes Community Forest Lands (Anacortes, WA)
- Assistant Command Fitness Leader (US Navy)
- Atlantic Coast Football League (1962-1971)
- American Culinary Federation, Long Island (New York)
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Accredited Counter Fraud Manager (UK)
- Acoustic Current Flow Meter
- Actual Cubic Feet per Minute
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, Bohm Woods is also distinguished by supporting higher numbers of forest interior species, including two Neotropical migrants sensitive to fragmentation, Acadian Flycatcher and Wood Thrush (Roth et al.
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) was the most-caught bird (14 captures), followed by Acadian Flycatcher (Empidonax virescens) (10) and Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) (9).
BOARD 32 The Acadian Flycatcher, Empidonax virescens, is a Neotropical migrant songbird that breeds in mature deciduous forests, primarily Beech-Maple.