KEY POINTS * Perceived poor milk supply can be an important factor in a mother's decision to stop breastfeeding, though it may actually be based on a lack of support or misconceptions * The effectiveness of domperidone in promoting lactation is not backed by strong evidence, but some evidence supports its safe use when monitored and in low doses * Domperidone can be useful in enhancing lactation, but it should be only be considered after non-pharmacological support has been found to be unsuccessful References Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (ABM) Protocol Committee.
What does ABM stand for?
ABM stands for Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABM
We have 257 other meanings of ABM in our Acronym Attic
- Amphibious Bulk Liquid Transfer System
- Annual Banking Law Update (University of Johannesburg; South Africa)
- Abelson Murine Leukemia Virus (virology)
- Air-Breathing Launch Vehicle
- Alexian Brothers Lansdowne Village (Missouri)
- American Bank of the Lehigh Valley (Allentown, PA)
- Australian Bat Lyssa Virus
- Abandoned Mine (mining industry)
- Abeam (aviation)
- Abrasive Blasting Material
- Access Bandwidth Manager
- Account-Based Marketing
- Accountancy, Business and Management (Philippine educational system)
- Acid-Base Metabolism (biological chemistry)
- Acoustic Body Music (Swedish novelty act)
- Acquisition and Business Management (replaced API&A) (DON)
- Active Buffer Management
- Activity Based Management
- Activity Based Methodology (system architect supports IADE for the Activity Based Methodology)
- Activity Based Metrics
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study was published in Breastfeeding Medicine, the official journal of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine.