Nelson is a current chancellor of the Academy of American Poets, and her honors include a Guggenheim Fellowship, the Frost Medal from the Poetry Society of America, two Pushcart Prizes, two creative writing fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, a Fulbright Teaching Fellowship, and the 1990 Connecticut Arts Award.
What does AAP stand for?
AAP stands for Academy of American Poets
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAP
We have 379 other meanings of AAP in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Advertisement On-Web (est. 1995)
- African Americans on Wheels (magazine)
- An Act of War (game)
- Assistant Administrator, Office of Water (US EPA)
- Aam Aadmi Party (political party; India)
- Abbreviated Acquisition Program
- Abortion Access Project
- Academic Action Plan (various schools)
- Academic Advancement Program
- Academic Advising Packages
- Accident Analysis and Prevention
- Accredited ACH Professional
- Accruals Accounting Project
- Accurate As Possible
- Acquisition Advisory Panel
- ACT Assessment Program (admissions, guidance and placement program)
- Active Anti-Psychotronic (software)
- Acuerdo de Alcance Parcial (Guatemala)
- ACUS (Area Common User System) ACES (Automated Communication Engineering Software) Prototype
- Acute Anterior Poliomyelitis (disease)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Allegretti is a member of the Academy of American Poets and ASCAP James Arthur's first book of poems, Charms against Lightning, was published this past October by Copper Canyon Press, as a Lannan Literary Selection.
He was a semifinalist for the 2011 Crab Orchard Series in Poetry First Book Award and was a recipient of an Academy of American Poets award, the Connecticut Poetry Society's Al Savard Award, as well as four Pushcart Prize nominations.
In addition, he has won The Academy of American Poets Prize, the William Van Wert Fiction Award, and The Ruby Lloyd Apsey Award for Playwriting.
He is a recipient of an Academy of American Poets Prize and the Daily News Poetry Prize from The Caribbean Writer, as well as poetry fellowships from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Sponsors are the Children's Book Council, the Academy of American Poets and the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.