Christofides referred to the ''Shanghai list,'' the Academic Ranking of World Universities, noting that while in 2007 the UCY ranked below the 5.
What does ARWU stand for?
ARWU stands for Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Jiao Tong University; China)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Africa Region Working Paper Series
- Actual Renewable Water Resources
- American River Water Resources Investigation (California)
- Advanced Radar Warning System
- Advanced Remote Weapon Station
- Adventure Racing World Series (bike racing)
- Aerial Reconnaissance Weather System
- Anti-Radiation Weapon System
- Anti-Radiation Weapons System
- Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme (India)
- Assam Rifles Wives Welfare Association (India)
- Alternative Reality Web Zine
- Action Research Exchange (Simon Fraser Public Interest Research Group; Simon Fraser University; Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada)
- Adaptive Resource Switch (Acopia)
- Advocacy Resource Exchange (est. 2004; UK)
- Artists' Regional Exchange (collaborative international exhibition project)
- AutoCAD Runtime Extension
- Autoregressive Exogenous
- Experimental Repair Ship
- Angle-Resolved X-Ray Absorption
Samples in periodicals archive:
Without really trying to, Liu had created the first comprehensive global college rankings--Shanghai Jiao Tong's Academic Ranking of World Universities became an international sensation, much followed in the academic and government worlds.
In the two rankings ETH Zurich came 10th in the world according to The Times newspaper in London, and 27th in the world in the Academic Ranking of World Universities by China's Shanghai Jiao Tong University.