Calling for an academic bill of rights for a more level playing field in campus politics, he wishes for colleges to resume to being an avenue for the exchange of ideas.
What does ABOR stand for?
ABOR stands for Academic Bill of Rights
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABOR
We have 7 other meanings of ABOR in our Acronym Attic
- Assistance Based on Need
- Active Network Backbone
- A Bookcase of National Geographic Magazines (Canada)
- Associação Brasileira de Organizações Não Governamentais (Portuguese: Brazilian Association of Non-Governmental Organizations)
- Algemene Bevrijdings-en Ontwikkeling Partij (General Liberation and Development Party, Suriname)
- American Board of Ophthalmology (also seen as ABO; est. 1916)
- American Board of Orofacial Pain (est. 1994)
- Antifreeze, Batteries, Oil and Paint (household hazardous waste facilities)
- Airbase Operations Product (WCCS)
- Academic Bill of Restrictions (Academic Bill of Rights nickname)
- Accounting Book of Record
- Arizona Board of Regents
- Arlington Board of Realtors (Texas)
- Austin Board of Realtors (Austin, TX)
- Autonomous Beer-Opening Robot (Jean-Philippe Clerc invention)
- Austin Bill of Rights Defense Committee (Austin, TX)
- Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
- Adaptive Beamformer Orthogonal Rejection Test
- Algemeen Bestuur van de Ontwikkelingssamenwerking (Dutch: General Administration for Development; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
David Horowitz is the author of Reforming Our Universities: The Campaign for An Academic Bill of Rights and Radical Son among other books.
For example, since 2004, David Horowitz, founder of the Students For Academic Freedom, has championed his Academic Bill of Rights to ensure the protections of academic freedom for both faculty and students.
Conservative commentator and author David Horowitz is providing states with a model bill, the Academic Bill of Rights.
References Academic Bill of Rights for Higher Education, General Assembly of the State of Ohio, 126th General Assembly Sess.
His Academic Bill of Rights was introduced into 14 state legislatures in 2004-05.
A student complaint about evolution instruction "is conceivable," Horowitz claimed in a reason online debate in 2003, "but under the Academic Bill of Rights it would be dismissed.
Byline: The Register-Guard Protect conservative students I am the national campus director of Students for Academic Freedom, an organization calling for the adoption of an Academic Bill of Rights to protect the academic freedoms of all students.