The counselor supports clients by helping them to avoid the abstinence violation effect, which might result from thinking such as "I'm a screw-up, so I might as well stay stoned.
What does AVE stand for?
AVE stands for Abstinence Violation Effect
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AVE
We have 74 other meanings of AVE in our Acronym Attic
- American Veterinary Dental Society
- Audiovisual Display System
- Automated Vulnerability Detection System
- Automatic Variable Damping System (Kawasaki)
- Aviation Depot Squadron
- Analog via Digital Trunk Group (US DoD)
- Audio/Video Distribution Transport Protocol
- Audio-Visual Display Unit
- Address Valid to Valid
- Apple Valley Doll Works (Midland, MI)
- Ad Valorum Equivalent (trade)
- Administración de Vulnerabilidades y Emergencias (Spanish: Vulnerability and Emergency Management; Guatemala)
- Adolescent Vocational Exploration
- Adult Value Education
- Advertising Value Equivalent
- Aerospace Vehicle Equipment
- Aerovia Venezolana
- Agence pour le Volontariat Etudiant (French: Student Volunteer Agency)
- Agnes Viénot Editions (French publishing house; est. 1995)
- Airborne Vehicle Equipment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lapse-management strategies focus on halting the lapse and combating the abstinence violation effect to prevent an uncontrolled relapse episode.