The report appraises the major aspects of uncertainty in relating absorbed doses in specific organs and tissues to the risk of disease, including cancer, non-cancer, and heritable effects.
What does D stand for?
D stands for Absorbed Dose
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D
We have 1 other meaning of D in our Acronym Attic
- Chickenpox-Zona Virus Infections
- Creative Zen Vision: M (digital audio player)
- Creative Zen Vision W (multimedia player; Creative Technology Ltd.)
- Combat Zone Wrestling
- Czestochowa Poland (airport code)
- Combat Zone Wrestlin Federation
- Toronto Flight Information Region (ICAO)
- Chazan-Ziv-Zakai Bound
- Cale Zycie Z Debilami (Polish: Cale Living With Debilami; blog)
- 500 (Roman numeral)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The milligray, on the other hand, is the unit of absorbed dose, or energy deposited in a tissue, and is related to biological effects.
It attempts to quantitatively evaluate the biological effects of ionizing radiation as opposed to just the absorbed dose of radiation energy, which is measured in gray.
For most people, absorbed dose equal to 100 ram causes acute vomiting and fatigue are.
However, the results are considered to be reasonable estimates of the experimental values Conclusion The absorbed dose rate conversion factors for an outdoor and indoor exposure in two types of Nigeria mud houses have been estimated.
The less time that people are exposed to a radiation source, the less the absorbed dose.