Ronald and Catherine Berndt, who had a fair bit to do with Penhall and the Aborigines Protection Board in the early 1940s, described him as 'perhaps the worst among all those we have known' (Berndt et al.
What does APB stand for?
APB stands for Aborigines Protection Board (Australia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APB
We have 198 other meanings of APB in our Acronym Attic
- Asphalt Paving Association of Washington
- Australian Platelet Antibody Workshop
- Asian Pacific American Women's Leadership Institute (workshop programs)
- Animal Protection and Welfare Society (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Association of Professional Animal Waste Specialists (Santa Clarita, CA)
- Asian Pacific American Youth Alliance (New York, NY)
- A Path Beyond (gaming)
- A Prueba de Boludos (Spanish: Stupid Proof)
- A3I Project Baseline
- Abductor Pollicis Brevis (muscle)
- Academic Policy Board (various schools)
- Accounting Principles Board
- Accounting Principles Board opinion (GAAP)
- Acquisition Program Baseline
- Acquisition Project Baseline
- Active Position Backward
- Additional Policy Benefit (Insurance)
- Adductor Pollicis Brevis (medical; hand muscle)
- Admission Post-Bac (French online higher education portal)
- Advance Payment Bond (finance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The location of the Station at Purfleet was decided on the first Thursday in May 1900 at the meeting of the Aborigines Protection Board in Sydney.
He assisted in the reformulation of the Aborigines Protection Board which was renamed the Aborigines Welfare Board (AWB) in 1941; he argued for an anthropologist to be a member of the board.