20 ( ANI ): Police in the eastern Indian city of Calcutta are using the image on the cover of the "iconic" Beatles album Abbey Road in a campaign to enforce road safety.
What does AR stand for?
AR stands for Abbey Road (Beatles album/song)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AR
We have 156 other meanings of AR in our Acronym Attic
- Adventure Quest Worlds (gaming)
- Application Quality Workbench (trademark of Compuware Corporation; Compuware Application Reliability Solution)
- Aquarium of Western Australia
- Asian Quality Water Association
- All Quiet on the Western Front (1930 film)
- Air Quality Working Group
- Atomic Questions Working Group (EU)
- Air Quality and Waste Management Association
- Actual Quantity Work Performed
- Abandon Rate
Samples in periodicals archive:
SOME Beatles fans looking for the zebra crossing made famous by Beatles album Abbey Road have been turning up nine miles away at a station in east London.
Travel Business Review-January 17, 2012--Fairmont Hotels and Resorts announces Partnership with Abbey Road Studios(C)2012] ENPublishing - http://www.
THE world-famous zebra crossing which features on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album sleeve has been given "listed" status by the Government.
THE world-famous zebra crossing which features on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road sleeve has been given "listed" status by the Government.
Sir Paul McCartney has pledged his support to save Abbey Road Studios after reports that record company owners EMI plan to sell the property.