With its location approximately 160 miles away from the eye of Hurricane Sandy, the ship began to take on water and lost power Sunday evening; forcing its crew to abandon ship into the 18-foot waves and 40 mile per hour winds, (http://www.
What does AS stand for?
AS stands for Abandon Ship
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of AS
We have 206 other meanings of AS in our Acronym Attic
- Add and Reset to Zero
- Allgemeines Rechenzentrum GmbH (Innsbruck, Austria)
- Ambulantes Reha-Zentrum (German: Outpatient Rehabilitation Center)
- Aquatic Ruin Zone (Sonic 2 level)
- Association for Revival of Zoroastrianism
- Auto-Restricted Zone
- Association of Reform Zionists of America
- Anal Retentive Z3 Owners of America
- (USN Rating) Aviation Support Equipment Technician
Samples in periodicals archive:
A lawyer representing Costa Cruises denied the firm had told Schettino not to abandon ship despite 17 calls between the captain and company official Roberto Ferrarini in the hour after the collision.
It's only because some of us had already been on a cruise that we recognised that seven blasts of the horn was a signal to abandon ship.
There was a fire, they tried to fight it and they decided to abandon ship and that was it.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The bad economy is causing boat owners to abandon ship, literally.
It was decided to abandon ship as the pumps could not cope with the influx of water.