Each mode of traffic noise consisted of eight different noise events played back at five sound pressure levels ranging from 45 to 65 A-weighted decibels for a total of 40 noise events.
What does dB(A) stand for?
dB(A) stands for A-Weighted Decibel
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Dumbbell (weight lifting)
- Dünya Bankasý (Turkish: World Bank)
- Dutch Belted (rabbit breed)
- Dynamic Bass
- Dynamic Binateness (of a variable)
- Sao Tome Dobra (national currency)
- Denny & Bros Ltd Shipbuilders
- Database Manager
- Decibel (referenced to milliwatts)
- Decibel Above Normal Adult Hearing Level
- Serial Communications D-Shell Connector, 25 Pins
- Serial Communications D-Shell Connector, 9 Pins
- Dual-Band Branch-Line Coupler
- Dual-Band Bandpass Filter
- Database to Database
- Dolichos Biflorus Contain a Lectin/Nucleotide Phosphohydrolase
- Dual-Beam Leaky-Wave Antenna
- Dual-Band Rat-Race Coupler (wireless communications)
- Dual Bus Zonal Distribution System
- Day of Breeding/Cycle Length
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is not a noticeable difference in the overall A-weighted decibel difference.
The average of the eight measurements will then be published in A-weighted decibels, or dB(A).