ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Red propolis LXR[alpha] PPAR[gamma] ABCA1-expression Cholesterol efflux ABSTRACT The ATP-binding cassette transporter Al (ABCA1) is a membrane transporter that directly contributes to high-density lipoprotein (HDL) biogenesis by regulating the cellular efflux of cholesterol.
What does ABC stand for?
ABC stands for ATP-Binding Cassette
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ABC
We have 1612 other meanings of ABC in our Acronym Attic
- Aswarding Body Consortium (UK)
- Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio (Italian football club)
- Atanasoff-Berry Computer
- Athletic Business Conference
- Atlanta Black Crackers (1930s Negro-league baseball team)
- Atlanta Bread Company
- Atlantic Beach Club (Rhode Island)
- Atomic, Bacteriological and Chemical
- Atomic, Biological & Chemical
- Atomic, Biological and Chemical
Samples in periodicals archive:
8) Human genes: IMPDH, inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 1; CYP3A5, cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily A, polypeptide 5; UGT1A9, UDP glucuronosyltransferase 1 family, polypeptide A9; ABCB1, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1 (formerly MDRR1); IL10, interleukin 10; TGFB1, transforming growth factor, beta 1; CYP3A4, cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily A, polypeptide 4; ABCC2, ATP-binding cassette, subfamily C (CFTR/MRP), member 2 (formerly known as MRP2); TPMT; thiopu rine S-methyltransferase.
CERAMIDE ENHANCES CHOLESTEROL EFFLUX TO APOLIPOPROTEIN A-I BY INCREASING THE CELL SURFACE PRESENCE OF ATP-BINDING CASSETTE TRANSPORTER A1 It is widely accepted that functional ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1) is critical for the formation of nascent high density lipoprotein particles.
Genes involved in fatty acid synthesis, such as acetyl-CoA-carboxylase and elongation of long-chain fatty acids were reduced only by PCB-77 in corn-oil--fed mice, whereas lipid transport/export genes such as fatty acid binding protein 2 and 4, ATP-binding cassette A1, and apolipoprotein A-IV were altered in olive-oil--fed mice in response to PCBs.
Analysis of ATP-binding cassette transporter expression in drug-selected cell lines by a microarray dedicated to multidrug resistance.
The most evident biochemical consequence of probucol treatment thus is a CETP-mediated reduction in HDL-C concentration, which some authors have also attributed in part to inhibition of ATP-binding cassette transporter 1 (ABCA1)-mediated HDL biogenesis.