But HIV has evolved a way to overcome restriction using an accessory protein called Vif (virion infectivity factor) to degrade the APOBEC proteins and allow the virus to spread.
What does ARCD stand for?
ARCD stands for APOBEC (Apolipoprotein B mRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Polypeptide-Like) Related Cytidine Deaminase (protein)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARCD
We have 6 other meanings of ARCD in our Acronym Attic
- Asian Regional Cooperative Council for Nuclear Medicine (South Korea)
- Artist-Run Centres and Collectives of Ontario (Canada)
- Atlanta Regional Community Clinical Oncology Program (Georgia)
- Arc Cosine (Inverse Cosine Function)
- Arcus Cotangent
- Analysis of Risks and Control of Critical Points
- Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma Sorafenib
- Arcus Cosecant
- Acquired Renal Cystic Disease
- Age-Related Cognitive Decline
- Appetite Regulating Compound Database (Institute of Computational Biology; India)
- Army Reserve Careers Division (US Army)
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Debridement (orthopedics)
- Auto- und Reiseclub Deutschland
- All Russian Center for Disaster Medicine
- Agrarian Reform Communities Development Project
- Agricultural Rehabilitation and Crop Diversification Project (Grenada)
- Altimetry and Radiometry Composite Data Record
- American Red Cross Disaster Services
- Audio and Radio Control Display Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Restriction of foamy viruses by APOBEC cytidine deaminases.
html * APOBEC and Vif: APOBEC is a family of proteins produced by the body that help to protect it against certain viruses.