If, like France and Switzerland, you had acted before a certain midnight back in 1995, and spent what may amount to $8 billion (plus shipping and handling), you'll get the Large Hadron Collider, along with A Toroidal LHC Apparatus (ATLAS), and A Large Ion Collidor Experiment (ALICE).
What does ATLAS stand for?
ATLAS stands for A Toroidal LHC Apparatus (experiment at the CERN physics laboratory)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATLAS
We have 77 other meanings of ATLAS in our Acronym Attic
- Associação Terra Laranjeiras (Portuguese: Laranjeiras Land Association; Laranjeiras, Brazil)
- Association de la Transformation Laitière Française (French: Association of French Dairy Processing)
- Association of Teachers of Lipreading to Adults
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (TV show)
- Avatar: The Last Air Bender
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America - New Jersey
- Angina Treatments - Lasers and Normal Therapies in Comparison
- A Three Layer Architecture for Navigating through Intricate Situations (robots; Jet Propulsion Laboratory; US NASA)
- Alteplase Thrombolysis for Acute Noninterventional Therapy in Ischemic Stroke
- Abbreviated Test Language for All Systems
- Abbreviated Test Language for Avionics Systems
- Accounting Transaction Ledger Archival System
- Active Teens Leading And Supervising
- Advanced Target Location And Strike
- Advanced Technology Laser System
- Advanced Technology Launching Study program
- Advanced Technology Loading Articulated Shiplifts (Syncrolift)
- Advanced Testing Line for Actinide Separations
- Advanced Thermal Limit Analysis System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acronyms ATLAS A Toroidal LHC Apparatus | CERN European Organization for Nuclear Research | LHC Large Hadron Collider | www World Wide Web String Theory Resources * General Information on String Theory www.