95 inc p&p PLAYS 33, 45 AND 78 RPM RECORDS THE Six-in-One Retro Music System has a stereo record player for playing your 33's, 45's and 78's, a cassette deck and an AM/FM radio with fine tuning dial and integral aerial for perfect reception.
What does 78 stand for?
78 stands for 78 rpm record
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of 78
- Unclassified Emergency (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- 18k Gold (jewelry)
- Hijacked (aviation transponder code)
- Against National Interest (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Bomb/Explosive Threat (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- No Radio (aviation transponder code)
- Bylaw Breaches (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Bomb/Explosive Located (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Emergency (aviation transponder code)
- 77th Infantry Division
- Desk Assignment Call (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- 78th Infantry Division (Lightning Division)
- Unclassified Complaint (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Seventh Amendment
- 7th Army Training Command
- 7 Business Management Successes
- Competition, Customers, Costs, Context, Confidence, Conditions, Cachet (pricing/marketing)
- Seven Card Stud (poker)
- Seventh Dimension
- Seventh District (Washington, DC police)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Do you remember Blackjacks and bubble gum, Hi-Fi and 45 rpm records, 78 rpm records, adding machines, Scalextric.
My father also had an extensive Jazz, 78 rpm record collection, including Earle Bostic, Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker and Glen Miller.
But when I tried it on my own this winter at Freezeout Lake in Montana, I sounded like an old 78 rpm record with a bad scratch playing Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe Through the Tulips.
That first chart included 78 rpm records by Ozzie Nelson and his orchestra and Tommy Dorsey, whose version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" was a best seller.
Elvis asked if I could transfer his favourite 78 rpm records to reel-to-reel tape at my studio.
Plugged into a set of speakers you can enjoy your 33, 45 and 78 rpm records in all their original sound and it has a frontloading CD player to play your collection of shiny discs.
London also pointed out that one of the earliest recordings of American klezmer music is a 78 rpm record that has a Yiddish Charleston on one side and a Yiddish shimmy on the other.