ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Phenylpropanoids Synergy Quantitative structure activity relationship 5-Fluorouracil Combination index ABSTRACT Combination therapy is the most effective treatment strategy in cancer to overcome drug toxicity and drug induced resistance.
What does 5-FU stand for?
5-FU stands for 5-Fluorouracil (drug used against pancreatic cancer)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- For Your Convenience
- Four Year College
- Four Years from Now (mobile technology conference)
- Airport Security (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Third Base (baseball scoring)
- 5-Androstenediol (steroid)
- 5-Aminosalicylic Acid (anti-inflammatory drug)
- 5-Bromo-2'-Deoxyuridine Monophosphate
- Five Dimensional
- 5-Fluorocytosine (antifungal agent)
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine (serotonin)
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan Decarboxylase (chemical compound)
- 5-HydroxyTryptamine (serotonin) Transporter Gene-Linked Polymorphic Region
- Serotonin-Transporter-Linked Promoter Region (neuroscience)
- 5-Methoxy-Diisopropyltryptamine (psychedelic drug)
- 5-Methoxy-N,n-Dimethyltryptamine (psychedelic drug)
- 5-Mercapto-2-Nitrobenzoic Acid (biochemistry)
- Tetramethylrhodamine-5-Iodoacetamide Dihydroiodide
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is one case on cisplatin induced localized aortic thrombus and one case about transient intracardiac thrombus after 5-fluorouracil therapy on the literature (4, 5).
Bevacizumab received approval from the Food and Drug Administration last year for treatment of advanced colorectal cancer when used in combination with irinotecan plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin, the other commonly used chemotherapy combination for this type of cancer.
[55,56] The VA investigators suggested that natural speech preservation is possible in approximately two-thirds of patients with stage III or IV cancer who undergo three cycles of neoadjuvant 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin chemotherapy followed by EBRT.
Nasdaq:BGMR), Johnstown, Ohio, has received approval from Brazil's Agencia Nacional de Vigilancia Sanitaria (ANVS) to market 5-fluorouracil in Brazil.
The researchers randomly assigned 100 people to radiation therapy, while the rest received radiation plus the drugs 5-fluorouracil and methyl-CCNU.