For comparison, the control 5-fluorocytosine was routinely used as a reference in this test and gave an MIC of 0.
What does 5-FC stand for?
5-FC stands for 5-Fluorocytosine (antifungal agent)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- 4YouCore (website)
- For Your Convenience
- Four Year College
- Four Years from Now (mobile technology conference)
- Airport Security (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Third Base (baseball scoring)
- 5-Androstenediol (steroid)
- 5-Aminosalicylic Acid (anti-inflammatory drug)
- 5-Bromo-2'-Deoxyuridine Monophosphate
- Five Dimensional
- 5-Fluorouracil (drug used against pancreatic cancer)
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine (serotonin)
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan Decarboxylase (chemical compound)
- 5-HydroxyTryptamine (serotonin) Transporter Gene-Linked Polymorphic Region
- Serotonin-Transporter-Linked Promoter Region (neuroscience)
- 5-Methoxy-Diisopropyltryptamine (psychedelic drug)
- 5-Methoxy-N,n-Dimethyltryptamine (psychedelic drug)
- 5-Mercapto-2-Nitrobenzoic Acid (biochemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It also catalyses the deamination of 5-fluorocytosine to (5FC) to 5-fluorouracil (5FU).
It is currently being investigated in preclinical studies as a novel anticancer agent with the potential to express anti-tumor effects when administered in combination with the antifungal agent 5-fluorocytosine (5-FC).
A combination of amphotericin B, 5-fluorocytosine, and itraconazole was associated with improved survival, but only six patients in the series received this combination.
[56-57] For example, cells may be transfected with cytosine deaminase; treatment with the nontoxic compound 5-fluorocytosine then results in the local production of the toxic metabolite 5-fluorouracil.
In one, the enzyme cytosine deaminase converts the nontoxic compound 5-fluorocytosine into the potent anticancer drug 5-fluorouracil.
Ifosfamide is activated by cytochrome p450 enzymes to form phosphoramide mustard and acrolein, and 5-fluorocytosine is activated by the enzyme cytosine deaminase to form 5-fluorouracil (5-FU).
neoformans infection with amphotericin B and 5-fluorocytosine but died 6 weeks later, before isolation of M.