The novel is about someone with 5-alpha-reductase deficiency, i.
What does 5ARD stand for?
5ARD stands for 5-Alpha-Reductase Deficiency
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Dangerous Animal (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Injured Animal (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Gambling Act Offences (police radio code; New Zealand)
- 14k Gold (jewelry)
- Early Designation for the Intel Pentium Microprocessor
- Pollution Complaint (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Procure or Possess New Drugs (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Amherst Area Amateur Astronomers Association
- Fifth Amendment
- 5th Air Defense Artillery
- 5 Data Bits, 6 Transmission Bits
- Five Basic Exercises
- Fifth Combat Communications Group
- Cash, Car, Condominium, Credit Card & Country Club Membership
- Demand Driven Direct Digital Download
- Demand-Driven Direct Digital Dissemination
- Fifth Dimension
- Fifth District (Washington, DC police)
- Five Degrees of Freedom
Samples in periodicals archive:
The story is told from the perspective of Calliope (later Cal) Stephanides, a hermaphrodite with 5-alpha-reductase deficiency syndrome, which basically means his manhood remained tucked inside his body, so his doctor mistook him for and he was raised a girl.
In the 1970s Juliane Imperato-McGinley and colleagues published studies identifying a rare deficiency of testosterone metabolism, 5-alpha-reductase deficiency syndrome.