Methods: The assessment of cough reflex involved upper airway anesthesia, conscious sedation, and fiberoptic bronchoscopy; the biopsy forceps and a 5% dextrose solution were applied through the bronchoscope to the airway mucosa at the main carina, proximal and distal to the anastomosis.
What does D5 stand for?
D5 stands for 5% Dextrose Solution
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D5
We have 3 other meanings of D5 in our Acronym Attic
- Democracy for Metro Detroit
- Design For People (design methodology)
- D4 Dopamine Receptor
- Design for Sustainability
- Dressed Four Sides (lumber; same as S4S)
- Didehydrodeoxythymidine (antiviral drug)
- Stavudine (aka Zerit; HIV treatment drug)
- Dreams for the Dying (Australian rock group)
- Downloader for X (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On day 22, the patient was still on mechanical ventilation and was sedated with an infusion of 30 mg of midazolam plus 30 mg of morphine in 50 mL 5% dextrose solution at 6 mL per hour.