In order to receive LEED certification, a building must be tested for carbon monoxide (CO), formaldehyde (CH2O), volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), 4-phenylcyclohexene (4-PCH), and dust particulate matter (CM-10).
What does 4-PC stand for?
4-PC stands for 4-Phenylcyclohexene
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Second Base (baseball scoring)
- Fourth Nephi (Book of Mormon)
- Four-Channel (electronics)
- Four-Cascaded Single-Stage Distributed Amplifier
- Four Dimensional
- Four-Dimensional Trellis Encoder
- Head, Heart, Hands, Health (pledged by members of 4-H Clubs)
- 4-Methylimidazole (chemical compound)
- N-(4-Methoxyphenyl) Retinamide (Fenretinide)
- Four-Level Pulse Amplitude Modulation (telecommunications)
- Four-Phase Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- 4-Wheel Drive
- Four Wire
- Traffic Accident - Public Road (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Bad Request (HTTP status code; indicates bad syntax or unfulfillable)
- Temporary Redirect (HTTP status code; look elsewhere on that request only)
- HTTP Web Error 401 - Authorization Required
- Payment Required (HTTP status code; never used, intended as error for nonpayment)
- HTTP Web Error 403 - Access Forbidden
- I Have No Clue (chat abbreviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Toxics found in the new and renovated buildings included styrene, a recognised carcinogen, odour-producing toxics 4-phenylcyclohexene and nonaldehyde, and irritation levels of formaldehyde.
Suspicion hovered around chemical by-product emissions from carpet backing or adhesives, including something called 4-phenylcyclohexene (4-PC).