We received a phone call from our children's pediatrician telling us that Damian's newborn screening had come back abnormal for 3-methylcrotonyl-CoA carboxylase deficiency, or 3MCC.
What does MCCC stand for?
MCCC stands for 3-Methylcrotonyl-CoA Carboxylase
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCCC
We have 237 other meanings of MCCC in our Acronym Attic
- Midlands Commercial and Chancery Bar Association (UK)
- Moscow Club for Collectors of Beer Accessories (Fenton, MO)
- Malaysian Consultative Council of Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism and Sikhism
- Malaysian Consultative Council of Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism and Taoism (Malaysia)
- Magyarorzagi Crohn-Colitis Betegek Egyesulete (Hungarian Crohn's Colitis Association)
- Monogram Credit Card Bank of Georgia
- Manheim Community Center Branch Library (Manheim, PA)
- Men's Competitive Church Basketball League
- Main Centre for Control of Broadcasting Networks (State Committee for Communications and Informatics; Russia)
- Michigan Community College Business Officers Association
- Magnolia Center Church of Christ (Riverside, CA)
- MAGTF (Marine Air-Ground Task Force) Communications Control Center
- Majcom Communication Coordination Center
- Major Command Coordination Center (US Air Force)
- Manchester Central Convention Complex (UK)
- Maneuver Captains Career Course (US Army)
- Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation (Canada)
- Marie Curie Cancer Care (UK)
- Marine Corps Component Commander
- Marion County Chamber of Commerce (Ocala, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elevations in C5-OH acylcarnitine are indicative of a variety of pathologies, including 3-methylcrotonyl-CoA carboxylase deficiency, and have frequently resulted in a diagnosis of this deficiency in the mother rather than in the newborn (5).
However, this procedure lacks specificity and is labor-intensive because of the need to purify the coupling enzyme, 3-methylcrotonyl-CoA carboxylase (EC 6.
[beta]-KETOTHIOLASE, 3-HYDROXY-3-METHYLGLUTARYL-COA LYASE (HMG), AND 3-METHYLCROTONYL-COA CARBOXYLASE (MCC) DEFICIENCY AND MCD 3-Hydroxyisovalerylcarnitine (C5OH) or its isomers is a primary or secondary marker for these four disorders.