57] Statins are synthetic agents that inhibit the rate-limiting enzyme of the mevalonate pathway, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase, thereby inhibiting cholesterol biosynthesis.
What does HMGR stand for?
HMGR stands for 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Reductase (enzyme)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMGR
- Himpunan Mahasiswa Geofisika Indonesia (Indonesian: Geophysics Indonesian Students Association)
- High Mobility Group Proteins I and Y (chromatin component)
- High-Mobility Group (Nonhistone Chromosomal) Protein Isoform I-C
- Hemagen Diagnostics, Inc. (stock symbol)
- High Mobility Group Nucleosome-Binding (protein)
- His Majesty's Government of Nepal
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
- High Mobility Group Protein
- Human Muscle Glycogen Phosphorylase
- Heartland Meat Goat Producers Association
- Healthy Marriages Grand Rapids (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Hall-Mark Global Solutions (computer distributor)
- Hazardous Material Guide Sheet
- Hellenic Military Geographical Service
- Historical Miniatures Gaming Society
- Human Muscle Glycogen Synthase
- Human-Mouse Gene Searcher (bioinformatics)
- Hansa Meyer Global Transport GmbH (Bremen; Germany)
- Heavy Machine Gun Tripod
- Institute of Hotel Management and Tourism (Bethlehem University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HMG-CoA reductase (or 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase or HMGR) is the rate controlling enzyme (EC 1.