Cellulase Assay Cellulase activity was assayed by measuring the amount of reducing sugars released from carboxymethyl cellulose (Sigma, USA) which interacts with 3,5-dinitrosalicylic acid or DNS (Miller, 1959).
What does DNSA stand for?
DNSA stands for 3,5-Dinitrosalicylic Acid
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DNSA
We have 10 other meanings of DNSA in our Acronym Attic
- Dremel Net Solutions LLC
- Drowning Non-Swimmer (lifeguarding)
- Drunk 'n Stupid (band)
- Dubai National School (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Dundee Naturalists' Society (Scotland, UK)
- Dynamic Name Server
- Domain Name Service - Application Layer Gateway
- Domain Name Server Providers Blacklist (also dns-bl or DNS-bl; anti-spam white hat organisation)
- Direct Numerical Simulation, Large Eddy Simulation
- Day-Night Sentry/Perimeter Surveillance
- Dallas North Soccer Association
- Democratic Nurses Association of South Africa
- Departamento de Nutrição Social e Aplicada (Brazil)
- Département Nutrition et Sciences Alimentaires
- Department of National Security Affairs
- Deutsche Nationalsozialistische Arbeiterpartei
- Deutsche Naturstein-Archiv
- Digital National Security Archive
- Dirección Nacional de Sanidad Animal (Argentina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After adding 2 ml of 3,5-dinitrosalicylic acid (DNS reagent), the reactions were stopped by heating in a boiling water bath for 10 min.
8) at 50 [degrees]C by release of reducing sugars measured with 3,5-dinitrosalicylic acid (DNS) reagent, using the appropriate substrates respectively: carboxymethycellulose-Na (CMC-Na), microcrystalline cellulose and filter paper strip (Whatman No.