It is with the utmost respect and pleasure that I was able to announce our very own 944th Fighter Wing warrior as one of the United States Air Force's 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year recipients," said Col.
What does 12OAY stand for?
12OAY stands for 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Kidnapping (police radio code)
- Abduction (police radio code)
- 128-Ary Amplitude and Phase Shift Keying
- Twelfth Amendment
- Twelfth Air Force (USAF)
- 12 Centimeter Multimedia Corporation (Mountain View, California)
- 12-Hour Clock (as opposed to 24H)
- Duodecimo (book paper size)
- 12 Months of the Year
- 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada (Canadian forces armoured regiment)
- Prowler (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Aggravated Robbery Weapon (police radio code)
- Aggravated Robbery Manual (police radio code)
- Robbery (police radio code)
- Slang for the quarter mile (street racing)
- Assault with Intent Weapon (police radio code)
- Assault with Intent Manual (police radio code)
- [not an acronym] Elite (hackish)
- Compelling Execution of Documents (police radio code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jennifer Laufer, chaplain assistant with the 42nd Air Base Wing, was named one of 12 outstanding airmen of the year by the Air Force Association at a Sept.
For his work neutralizing hidden bombs in Iraq this year, Hansen earned the Air Force's highest award - being named one of the nation's 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year.
It began with a banquet in their honor where senior Air Force leaders, important civilians and a host of high-level dignitaries toasted and named them the 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year.