The spots and pits, each about 10 kilometers in diameter, run across the northern hemisphere of Europa, according to a new analysis of images taken in 1996 and 1998 by the Galileo spacecraft.
What does 10K stand for?
10K stands for 10 Kilometer (run/race)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of 10K
- 10Mbps baseband over fiber-optic cable
- 10mbps baseband over fiber optic cable
- 10Mbps baseband data transmission over twisted-pair copper wire
- Ten Club (Pearl Jam fan club)
- Ten Commandments
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ae)
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet Alliance
- 10-High-Day (telecommunications traffic measurement)
- 10 Key (numeric keypad)
- Thank You
- Burglary of Intrastate Vehicle (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans of Vietnam and Cambodia (Plainview, TX)
- March 11th (day of the train bombings in Spain)
- Crystal Orientation
- Emergency Services Number (New Zealand)
- Murder (police radio code)
- 112 (band; aka one twelve)
- Emergency Services Number (Portugal and other European countries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 kilometers, biking 40 kilometers and running 10 kilometers is still a major test of endurance.
If you flew over the Pacific Ocean about 100 miles north of the equator, roughly halfway between Hawaii and Tahiti, you might notice something resembling a deep green snake hundreds of kilometers long and less than 10 kilometers wide floating in the sapphire sea.