The wireless web access, dubbed Wi-Fi for wireless fidelity, is available at the conference centers in the following W&M buildings: Metro Center, First Stamford Place and MerrittView in Fairfield County, and 711 Westchester Avenue and 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Westchester County.
What does Wi-Fi stand for?
Wi-Fi stands for [not an acronym] (IEEE 802.11b wireless networking; coined from Wireless Fidelity, a play on High Fidelity)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 2 other meanings of Wi-Fi in our Acronym Attic
- Work Input (simple machines)
- Work Instruction
- Work Items
- Workforce Informer (various organizations)
- Working Interest
- Write Image
- Writing Intensive
- Wrought Iron
- Washington, Idaho & Montana Railway Company
- Wisconsin Association of Colleges and Employers
- Wi-Fi Targeted Video Dynamic Advertising (Wi-Fi TV Inc.)
- International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
- Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, Inc. (group promoting IEEE 802.16 wireless broadband standard)
- Wisconsin Self Help for Hard of Hearing People, Inc.
- Wachovia Insurance Agency (Georgia)
- Water Impact Assessment
- Weather-Impacted Airspace
- Wet Werk en Inkomen Naar Arbeidsvermogen (Dutch)
- When in Area
- Windows Image Acquisition (Microsoft Me)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Virgo Publishing (VPI; Phoenix, AZ), the publisher of Phone+ and XChange magazines among others, has begun the publication of Wireless Fidelity magazine with an issue this month.