The wireless web access, dubbed Wi-Fi for wireless fidelity, is available at the conference centers in the following W&M buildings: Metro Center, First Stamford Place and MerrittView in Fairfield County, and 711 Westchester Avenue and 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Westchester County.
What does WiFi stand for?
WiFi stands for [not an acronym] (IEEE 802.11b wireless networking; coined from Wireless Fidelity, a play on High Fidelity)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WiFi
We have 2 other meanings of WiFi in our Acronym Attic
- Wonderful Item for Entertainment
- Worries Invited for Ever (humor)
- Worship Instruct Fellowship Evangelize
- Worship Instruction Fellowship Expression
- Wakefield International Film Festival (Canada)
- Warsaw International Film Festival (Poland)
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (US Department of Energy)
- Wazzu Independent Film Festival (Washington State University; Pullman, WA)
- Wolverhampton Inter Faith Group (UK)
- Western Investing for Health (UK)
- Water in Fuel Indicator
- What I Find Interesting
- World Indoor Football League
- What I Feel Like Expressing
- Women in Federal Law Enforcement
- What It Feels Like for A Girl (Madonna song)
- What's In It For Me?
- Walpole Island First Nation (Ontario, Canada)
- Women in Fisheries Network
- Österreichisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (German: Austrian Institute of Economic Research)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Virgo Publishing (VPI; Phoenix, AZ), the publisher of Phone+ and XChange magazines among others, has begun the publication of Wireless Fidelity magazine with an issue this month.