We fitted growth curves based on the von Bertalanffy growth function [L.
What does VGBF stand for?
VGBF stands for von Bertalanffy growth function
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VGBF
- Virginia Girls Basketball Association (Richmond, VA)
- Vector Gaussian Broadcast Channel
- Video Game Boot Camp (est. 2009)
- Vietnam Green Building Council (Vietnam)
- Vietnamese Gospel Baptist Church (Fort Smith, AR)
- Vista Grande Baptist Church (Colorado Springs, CO)
- variable graph blocking factor
- Västergötlands Bowlingförbund (Mariestad, Sweden)
- Vereinigung für Gefahrstoff und Brandschutzforschung
- Virtual Global Biodiversity Forum
- Vserossiiskaya Gosudarstevennaya Biblioteka Inostrannoi Lituratura (Russia)
- Vermont Green Building Network
- Victorian Government Business Office (Australia)
- Valley Girl Barrel Racing Association
- Valganciclovir (antiviral agent)
- Variable Geometry Chevron (Boeing)
- Vaughn Gross Center (Austin, TX)
- Vertical Gaze Center (ophthalmology)
- Vertical Granite Curb (roads; various locations)
- Very Good Condition
Samples in periodicals archive:
The von Bertalanffy growth function is explained as: [MATHEMATICAL EXPRESSION NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] where [L.
Abstract--We propose an extended form of the von Bertalanffy growth function (VBGF), where the allocation of surplus energy to reproduction is considered.
Non-linear regression was used to estimate the asymptotic shell length (SL [infinity]) and growth (k) parameters of the von Bertalanffy growth function from mark-recapture length data using a method described by Fabens (1965).
The second von Bertalanffy growth function showed that males grow faster and reach a larger maximum size than females (likelihood ratio test: [chi square]=10.
The von Bertalanffy growth function was fitted to the vertebral age-at-length data for salmon sharks from the ENP with a nonlinear least squares regression algorithm ("nls" in S-Plus, Professional Release 1, Mathsoft Inc.
The size-at-age of each individual was used to fit the von Bertalanffy growth function (VBGF; von Bertalanffy 1938) by latitude: [MATHEMATICAL EXPRESSION NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (1) where H is shell height at age t, [H.
Growth was investigated by fitting the von Bertalanffy growth function (von Bertalanffy, 1938) to size-at-age data using standard nonlinear optimization methods.