Pioglitazone and rosiglitazone belong to a class of drugs called thiazolidinediones that help to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
What does TDZ stand for?
TDZ stands for thiazolidinediones
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TDZ
We have 9 other meanings of TDZ in our Acronym Attic
- Trincomalee District Youth Development Aham (Sri Lanka)
- Tamworth District Youth Forum (UK)
- Tata Dividend Yield Fund
- Trincomalee District Young Men's Hindu Association (Sri Lanka)
- Tyneside Deaf Youth Project (UK)
- Team Daiwa Z (fishing reel)
- Technology Development Zone (various locations)
- Temperature Danger Zone (food safety)
- The Dead Zone (movie)
- The Directory Zone
- Thidiazuron (plant growth induction)
- Torpedo Danger Zone
- Total Danger Zone
- Touchdown Zone
- Tsunami Disaster Zone
- Tvornica Duhana Zagreb (Croatian tobacco factory)
- Trade Development Zone Authority (Australia)
- Touchdown Zone Elevation
- Taenaria Derivia Zallus Kitara (game)
- Touchdown Zone Lights (aviation; runway lighting)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thiazolidinediones are associated with an increased risk for incident heart failure.
Pioglitazone (Actos) and rosiglitazone (Avandia), thiazolidinediones used as adjuncts to diet and exercise, lower insulin resistance but do not promote insulin release.
Some of the compounds, thiazolidinediones, are approved by the FDA for use in diabetics to control glucose levels.
He notes there are several medications on the market to help control Type II diabetes, such as sulfonylureas, which help the pancreas produce more insulin; biguanides, which lessens the amount of glucose the liver produces; and thiazolidinediones, which helps make blood cells more receptive to insulin.
PPAR[gamma] regulates lipid and glucose homeostasis and is responsible for the antidiabetic actions of thiazolidinediones such as troglitazone.
143) or the diabetes drugs called thiazolidinediones can reduce several markers of inflammation.
9) Finally, the thiazolidinediones improve glycemic control by lowering insulin resistance and hepatic glucose output, and perhaps also by rejuvenating the beta cells.