So-called alternative medicine will not lead to some mythical nirvana.
What does sCAM stand for?
sCAM stands for so-Called Alternative Medicine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of sCAM
We have 32 other meanings of sCAM in our Acronym Attic
- Skin Connective Tissue Aponeurotica Loose Connective Tissue Pericranium
- Status and Conservation of the Alpine Lynx Population (Alps)
- Suit, Contamination Avoidance, Liquid Protection
- Scattering with Angular Limitation in Projection E-Beam Lithography (Lucent Technologies)
- SCAnning Laser Photo-Electrochemical Microscopy
- Software Continuous Acquisition and Lifecycle Support proof Consortium
- St. Cloud Area Linux Users Group (Minnesota)
- Scanning and Alarm Monitoring
- SCSI Configuration Automatically
- Simple Cordless Alpha Monitor
- Société Civile des Auteurs Multimédia (France: Civil Society of Multimedia Authors)
- Source Code Analysis and Manipulation (IEEE International Workshop)
- South Carolina Association of Magicians
- Spare Capacity Assignment Model
- Standard Content Archive Management
- State Coordination Management Council
- Stingy about giving out personal information, Check your financial information regularly, Ask periodically for a copy of your credit report, Maintain careful records of your banking and financial accounts (mnemonic to avoid identity theft)
- Structural Composite Armor Materials
- substituted-cysteine-accessibility method
- Suffolk College Alternative Music (radio station; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Newsweek suddenly recognized that "the medical establishment has for years shunned so-called alternative medicine and insurance companies have refused to pay for it, while federal officials have harassed its practitioners.
So-called alternative medicine should be no different.