The primary endpoints of the study were improvement in signs and symptoms of hepatic disorders such as anorexia, abdominal discomfort, flatulence, lethargy, nausea, hepatomegaly and jaundice, and improvement in the biochemical parameters, viz serum protein, serum bilirubin, serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT) (replaced in Australia with aspartate aminotransferase--AST), serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) (replaced in Australia with alanine aminotransferase--ALT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT).
What does SGTP stand for?
SGTP stands for serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SGTP
We have 3 other meanings of SGTP in our Acronym Attic
- Standardized Generic Training Module (UN)
- Sergeant Major
- Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps (highest enlisted rank in the Marine Corps)
- Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar (Asian shipping hub)
- Stargate: The Next Generation
- Small Group Tryout (US DoD)
- Southwark Group of Tenants Organisations (UK)
- Super Gate Turn-Off Thyristor (US Army)
- Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Tropenmedizin und Parasitologie (Swiss Society of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology)
- Secondary Glaucoma Triple Procedure
- Society of General and Theoretical Psychology
- Society of Government Travel Professionals (Bethesda, MD)
- Schweizer Gruppe Therapeutisches Reiten (German: Swiss Group Therapeutic Riding)
- Single Girder, Top Running (crane)
- Standardized Government Travel Regulations
- Steam Generator Tube Rupture (nuclear)
- Small Grants for Training and Research Fellowships (Science and Technology Studies Network; Austria)
- Scottish Gaelic Texts Society
- Second Generation Tank Sight
- Semi-Greedy Track Selection
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two most commonly requested "liver-function tests" are alanine aminotransferase or ALT (also called serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase or SGPT, and alanine aminotransferase or ALAT.
01) and Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase (SGPT) (t =4.
Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase in cardiac and hepatic disease.
Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) was slightly elevated (Table 1).