The NS-OS operates in three layers: * Network Controllers layer that is the equivalent of device drivers in computer operating systems providing I/O and control to specific devices (an OpenFlow controller, if present, would be integrated at this layer) * Network Model layer that provides an abstract view of network resources and reservations across time * Services Control layer that provides intelligence for controlling network paths, network admission and orchestration tasks "We have used Cariden's Path Computation Element (PCE) functionality in support of an architectural redesign that prepared us for increased traffic," said Mike Hellers, Network Engineering Manager at LINX.
What does PCE stand for?
PCE stands for path computation element
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCE
We have 269 other meanings of PCE in our Acronym Attic
- Project Control Data Warehouse
- Projeto Contmatic Desemprego Zero (Portuguese; Brazilian unemployment project)
- Para Club Elsenborn (skydiving club)
- Parametric Cost Estimating
- Parents for Choice in Education (Utah)
- Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment (New Zealand)
- Partial Compliance Evaluation
- Particulate Control Experiment
- Partido Comunista de Espana (Communist Party of Spain)
- Path Characteristics Estimation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Here, a control interface between the server and node equipment is currently being standardized in the Path Computation Element (PCE) Working Group of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) based on the participation of NTT, several overseas telecommunication carriers, and communications equipment vendors 3.
Speakers will discuss recent work on dynamic OTN networks, multi-domain and multi-layer networking and Path Computation Elements and offer their insights on future developments that could support services like Bandwidth on Demand and Network Virtualization.