While there was no evidence of acute improvement in cognitive function, an observation not unexpected in healthy young subjects who frequently perform at an optimum level, the activity of a number of brain regions, known for their role as a memory retrieval network, were selectively modified during the performance of certain tasks, as assessed by analysis of the changes in local cerebral blood flow.
What does LCBF stand for?
LCBF stands for local cerebral blood flow
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LCBF
We have 9 other meanings of LCBF in our Acronym Attic
- Lanai Community Benefit Fund
- Large Chocolate Box - Filled
- Leadership and Community Building Fellows (Citizens Planning and Housing Association)
- Leadership Community Building Fellowship
- Learning Can Be Fun
- Least-Cost Best-Fit
- LIFE-Changing Bible Fellowship
- Line Construction Benefit Fund
- Linear Combined Basis Function
- Lions Cord Blood Foundation (Canada)
- London College of Business & Finance (UK)
- London Confession of the Baptist Faith
- Low Carbon Bainite Ferrite
- Low Carbon Buildings Fund
- Luminous Compact Blue Galaxies
- Lancaster County Business Group on Health (Pennsylvania)
- Lawyers' Committee for Better Housing
- Little Colorado Behavioral Health Centers (St. John's, AZ)
- Life Christian Bible Institute
- Logistics Configuration Baseline Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
] Ochial C, Asano T, Takakura K et al: Mechanisms of cerebral protection by pentobarbital and nizofenane correlated with the course of local cerebral blood flow changes.
The investigators noted that the antidepressant effects were accompanied by a marked reduction in local cerebral blood flow as well as changes in downstream limbic and cortical sites, as measured using PET scans, meaning that the effects of stimulation can be visually observed and recorded.