A recent intracoronary ultrasound study that compared high-dose rosuvastatin with atorvastatin in 1,039 patients with coronary disease provides striking evidence for the benefit of both of these drugs on regression of coronary plaque.
What does ICUS stand for?
ICUS stands for intracoronary ultrasound
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ICUS
We have 1 other meaning of ICUS in our Acronym Attic
- I See You Are A Cutie
- International Credit Union Regulators' Network (est. 2007)
- Intergovernmental Committee on Urban and Regional Research
- Institute for Canadian Urban Research Studies
- I See You Are Too Wise
- In Command Under Supervision (aviation)
- International Center for Urban Safety Engineering (University of Tokyo; Japan)
- International Chronic Urticaria Society
- International Conference for the Unity of Sciences
- Intra-Coronary Ultrasound Examinations (cardiovascular research)
- International Conference on Urban Storm Drainage
- Institute for Community, University and School Partnerships (Austin, TX)
- Intensive Care Unit Safety Reporting System
- Institute for Critical US Studies (Duke University; Durham, NC)
- International Conference on Uses of Services and Telecommunications
- International Council of Universities of Saint Thomas Aquinas (also seen as IC-USTA)
- Initial COHORT Unit Training
- International Center for Urban Training
- Internet Credit Union Training (est. 1997)
- International Council of Unitarians and Universalists
Samples in periodicals archive:
Studies with intracoronary ultrasound (IVUS) have shown that the rupture of the plaque starts bleeding between media and intima leading to the separation of these layers and eventually causing the dissection (7).
Of these 136 patients, 41% underwent investigator requested Intracoronary Ultrasound (ICUS) at 2 years to ascertain whether benefits on vasculopathy might be sustained.
BERLIN -- The use of intracoronary ultrasound for prevention of in-stent restenosis has struck out in an early major clinical trial.
Some of the pioneering efforts include: Only center in the Twin Cities to have implanted drug-eluding stents to prevent restenosis; One of only five centers in the world to be investigating intracoronary ultrasound to prevent restenosis; First center to implant the Symbion total artificial heart in Minnesota in a woman and child; First center to perform intracoronary radiation in the Twin Cities; One of the first double lung transplants in the U.
The second study, led by Axel Schmermund, MD and researchers at the University of Essen in Germany, compared Imatron's Ultrafast CT procedure with intracoronary ultrasound (ICUS) in a study of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
But, we evaluated atherosclerosis with coronary angiography and didn't use intracoronary ultrasound in all patients.
All comparative studies of atherosclerotic coronary arteries have demonstrated that angiographic reference segments are invariably diseased when studied with intracoronary ultrasound," he said.