Following treatment of cells with VK(2), there was an increase in gap junctional intercellular communication activity, accompanied by up-regulation of connexin 32 (Cx32), dominantly expressed in normal hepatocyte.
What does GJIC stand for?
GJIC stands for gap junctional intercellular communication
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of GJIC in our Acronym Attic
- Greg Jones Home Inspections (Louisville, KY)
- Glencoe Junior High Project (Illinois)
- Greater Jersey Hudson River Region (B'nai B'rith Youth Organization, Linden, NJ)
- George Jenkins High School (Lakeland, FL)
- Grand Junction High School (Grand Junction, CO)
- Greenspun Junior High School (Henderson, NV)
- Gap Junction Immunofluorescence
- Geophysical Journal International
- Grand Jury Inquiry
- Georgetown Journal of International Affairs
- Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Gold Jewellery India International Exhibition
- Georgetown Journal of International Law (Washington, DC)
- Gonzaga Journal of International Law
- General Journal Interface Module
- Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology (India)
- Global Justice Information Network
- Gem & Jewelry Internet Research World Federation
- Global Jewellery Insurance Services (UK)
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has some pharmacological properties such as the inhibition of gap junctional intercellular communication (Davidson and Baumgarte, 1988) and recently it was shown that carbenoxolone has anticonvulsant, sedative and muscle relaxant activities in mice (Hosseinzadeh and Nassiri Asl, 2003).
The SAR models for eye irritation (47), sensory irritation (48), developmental toxicity in humans (49) and in hamsters (50), allergic contact dermatitis (51), inhibition of gap junctional intercellular communication (GJIC) (52), and environmental biodegradation (53) were also used.