These include five large earth pressure balance (EPB) machines with large diameters (3 x 6.
What does EPB stand for?
EPB stands for earth pressure balance (tunnel boring machines)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPB
We have 72 other meanings of EPB in our Acronym Attic
- Evaluation and Policy Analysis Unit (UN High Commissioner for Refugees)
- Education and Practice in Artificial Vision
- Environment Protection Authority of Victoria (Australia)
- Electronic Packaging and Validation Engine
- Emergency Partnership Advisory Workgroup (California)
- Education and Public Affairs Working Group
- Estes Park Area Weavers Guild (Estes Park, CO, USA)
- Electronic Private Automatic Exchange
- Environmental Professionals of Arizona (est. 1986)
- Earnings Protection Benefit
- Ecole Primaire Beaconsfield (Canada)
- École Professionnelle de la Boucherie (French: Professional Butchery School)
- École Psychanalytique de Bretagne (French psychoanalysis school)
- Economic Planning Board
- Editorial Production Branch
- Effective Practice Bulletin (UK)
- Église Protestante Baptiste (French: Protestant Baptist Church)
- Ejército Popular Boricua (Spanish: Boricua Popular Army; Puerto Rico)
- Electric Power Board (Chattanooga, TN)
- Électricité Plomberie Bâtiment (French electrical and plumbing company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Six such machines, which costs approximately RM400mil, were ordered by MMC-Gamuda for this difficult terrain and four earth pressure balance machines will be used for the remaining predictable sedimentary rock formation.
The US-based manufacturer of microtunneling, pipe jacking, guided boring and earth pressure balance equipment will be represented in the United Arab Emirates by Trenchers Land Digging & Filling LLC.
DCM/GeoEngineers provides specialized, design experience in microtunneling, earth pressure balance tunneling, pipe bursting, pipe reaming, pipe lining and various forms of pipe jacking.
The huge Earth Pressure Balance drilling machine, operated by Midwest Mole Inc.
Construction of the sewer will involve Earth Pressure Balance tunneling technology, which is designed to limit dewatering during construction.
Construction of the sewers will involve Earth Pressure Balance (EPB) tunneling technology, which is designed to limit dewatering during construction.
The Earth Pressure Balance Machine (EPBM from Akkerman is ideal for pipe jacking.