This may relate to the cells secreting vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF), brain-derived growth factors (BDNF), and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3), all of which have potential benefits for the treatment of stroke," said Cesar Borlongan, a professor in the Department of Neurosurgery and Brain Repair.
What does BDGF stand for?
BDGF stands for brain-derived growth factor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BDGF
- Bundaberg (Queensland, Australia)
- Business Development Consultant (various companies)
- Business Development Group
- Bi-Directional Gain Amplifier (electrical engineering)
- Bluegrass Disc Golf Association (Lexington, KY)
- British Disc Golf Association
- Brunei Darussalam Golf Association
- Birth Defects Genetics Center (Alabama)
- Bloomington Disc Golf Club (Indiana)
- Bile Duct Growth Factor
- Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor
- Barnsley & District General Hospital
- Binding Head
- Borchew Design Group, Inc. (Northfield, IL)
- Business Development Group International (Germany)
- Barwon Division of General Practice (Moree, New South Wales, Australia)
- Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project
- Barege Designers Guild and Preservation Project
- Black Diamond Girl Scout Council (Charleston, WV)
- Barbie Dream House (toy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Insulin also activates other growth factors, including nerve growth factor and brain-derived growth factor, which are neuroprotective, both maintaining neuronal structure and promoting anti-apoptotic pathways (Alkon; Gregory Cole, UCLA, North Hills, USA).