These platforms include Navy-owned or -chartered large medium-speed roll-on-roll-off ships (LMSRs), other roll-on-roll-off ships, tactical auxiliary crane ships, and fuel tankers.
What does ACS stand for?
ACS stands for auxiliary crane ship (US Navy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACS
We have 1344 other meanings of ACS in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Control System
- Automatic Crane Stopper (safety device)
- Automation & Control Solutions
- Automobil Club Der Schweiz (automobile club of Switzerland)
- Automobile Club de Suisse
- Automobile Consumer Services, Inc.
- Auxiliary Communications Service
- Auxiliary Cooling System
- Auxiliary Coordinate System
- Auxiliary Core Storage
- Avco Computer Services
- Aventis Crop Science
- Average Class Size
- Axis Camera Station
- Ayrshire Cancer Support (Ayrshire, Scotland)
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program
- Assistant Chief of Staff (for Automation and Communications)
- Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
- Assistant Chief of Staff for (Intelligence/Information Management)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, four vessels from the Military Sealift Command were activated for use in this exercise: the SS Cape Mohican carried Amphibious Construction Battalion ONE lighterage from San Diego to Camp Pendleton, the Large, Medium Speed, Roll On/Roll Off (LMSR) USNS Pililaau was used to move the 3rd IBCT of the 25th Infantry Division from Hawaii to Camp Pendleton, the SS Chesapeake was the OPDS tanker and the Auxiliary Crane Ship (TAC-S) SS Flickertail State carried the ELCAS(M) pier components and Army lighterage from Norfolk, Va.
They include roll-on/roll-off ships, break-bulk ships, barge carriers, auxiliary crane ships, tankers and troop ships.