We call it the Cretaceous acoustic effect, because ocean acidification forced by global warming appears to be leading us back to the similar ocean acoustic conditions as those that existed 110 million years ago, during the Age of Dinosaurs," explained Rhode Island acoustician David G.
What does ACCON stand for?
ACCON stands for acoustic condition
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACCON
- Addison County Chamber of Commerce (Middlebury, VT)
- Alpha Childcare and Community Development Organization (Uganda)
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Organization International (San Diego, CA)
- Access Overload Class
- Access Overload Control (UK telecommunications)
- Army Communications Command (St. Louis, MO)
- Abortion & Contraception Clinic of Nebraska (Bellevue, NE)
- Acoustic Control
- Author, Consumer, and Computer Owner Protection and Security Act of 2003 (proposed legislation)
- Army COMSEC Central Office of Record
- Articulatory-Acoustic Correlations in Coarticulatory Processes
- Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (clinical trial)
- ACTS (Advanced Communications Technology and Services) Broad-Band Communications Joint Trials and Demonstrations
- Administration and Control of Contracting and Regional Data
- African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes
- Application Coordonnée de Comptabilisation, d'Ordonnancement et de Règlement de la Dépense de l'Etat (French: Coordinated Implementation of Accounting, Scheduling and Regulations of State Expenditures)
- Arms Control Community On-Line Repository of Treaty Data
Samples in periodicals archive:
Changing vegetation means changing acoustic conditions.
of Akron) assemble nine chapters aimed at helping audiologists, speech-language pathologists, parents, and teachers understand the acoustic conditions, therapies, and technologies that can make speech audible, undistorted, and accessible to children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Graph 6 shows the effect of gas velocity for different acoustic conditions.
The DSP also provides dynamic modeling that automatically adapts to changing acoustic conditions, allowing the occupants to concentrate on an engaging driving and listening experience.
In response to the difficult acoustic conditions of the site, with trains rattling across Hungerford Bridge to and from Charing Cross, the idea emerged of the building as 'egg in box'.
The system is provided with special audio sampling equipment that improves the clarity of the automated voice messages, taking into account the terminal's acoustic conditions.
Ambient noise levels, and RTs were extremely high, and confirmed there has been little change in classroom acoustic conditions from those reported in the literature over the past 20 years (Crandell & Smaldino, 2000).