13 (1) defines "assisted reproductive technology" as those procreative procedures which involve the laboratory handling of human eggs or preembryos, including, but not limited to, in vitro fertilization embryo transfer, gamete intrafallopian transfer, pronuclear stage transfer, tubal embryo transfer, and zygote intrafallopian transfer.
What does ZIFT stand for?
ZIFT stands for Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Zone d'Intervention Foncière (French: Intervention Land Area)
- Zone Integration Server
- Züblin Immobilière France (real estate investment firm)
- Zachman Institute for Framework Advancement
- Zimbabwe Football Association
- Zanzibar International Film Festival
- Zimbabwe International Film Festival
- Zion Independent Film Festival (Utah)
- Zululand Inland Fire Protection Association (South Africa)
- Zero Insertion Force Socket
- Z39.50 Implementers Group (Library of Congress Data Standards)
- Zachodnia Izba Gospodarcza (Polish: West Chamber of Commerce)
- Zimbabwe Information Group
- Zoster Immune Globulin
- ZZT (Zoo of Zero Tolerance)-Inspired Game
- Znanstveni Institut Gradiscanskih Hrvatov (Croatian: Scientific Institute of the Burgenland Croats)
- Zonder Inspanning Geen Ontspanning (Dutch: Without Effort Not Entertainment; badminton club)
- Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico - International (Airport Code)
- Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (German: Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing; various universities)
- Zambia Integrated Health Programme
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the growing popularity of high-tech assisted reproduction techniques such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT), as well as the ovarian stimulation and gamete and embryo freezing protocols that go along with them, there has been much speculation that children born as a result of these procedures might be at higher risk for abnormalities.
Forty-two participants had ART procedures (1 gamete intrafallopian transfer, 1 zygote intrafallopian transfer, and 40 IVF-ET procedures), and 10 women who served as controls underwent transvaginal oocyte retrieval for the purpose of oocyte donation.
Glossary Assisted reproductive technologies (ART) Technological reproductive procedures including in vitro fertilization (IVF), gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT) and intracytolasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
The company's current ART procedures include in vitro fertilization ("IVF"), gamete intrafallopian transfer ("GIFT"), microinsemination, zygote intrafallopian transfer ("ZIFT"), tubal embryo transfer ("TET") and donor egg programs.