The new technique employs zinc finger nuclease (ZFN) proteins, which can bind and cut DNA at precisely defined locations in the genome.
What does ZNF stand for?
ZNF stands for Zinc Finger (protein; biology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ZNF in our Acronym Attic
- Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce
- Zinc Chloride
- Zimbabwe National Council for the Welfare of Children
- Zelda No Densetsu (game)
- Zenith Neutral Delay (global positioning systems)
- Zinc-Binding Domain
- Zambian National Defense Force
- Newman, Western Australia, Australia - Newman (Airport Code)
- Zero Net Energy (completely energy efficient)
- Zone Naturelle d'Equilibre (French: Natural Area of Balance)
- Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council
- Zambia National Farmers Union
- Zimbabwe National Farmers Union
- Zbor Nacionalne Garde (Croatian National Guard)
- Zbora Narodne Garde (Croation National Guard)
- Zero Nominal Growth (budgets)
- Zamboanga del Norte Gamefowl Breeders Association (Philippines)
- Zero Net Growth Isocline (ecology)
- Navy Airship, Air-Sea Rescue (US Navy)
- Zora Neale Hurston (author and anthropologist, 1891-1960)
Samples in periodicals archive:
H1-375: "Adoptive Transfer of Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN) Modified Autologous CD4 T-Cells to Aviremic HIV-Infected Subjects with Suboptimal CD4 Counts" Oral Session: New Therapies for HIV and HCV, 4:00 - 6:30 p.
Working with newborn mice, researchers led by Katherine High at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia found that molecular editors called zinc finger nucleases can correct a genetic mutation that leads to the blood-clotting disorder hemophilia.
thyroid hormone) can be realised only following the interaction between the zinc finger region of the receptor and DNA.
Some of the targets that might be important include structural elements (such as the highly conserved zinc finger motif of the HIV nucleocapsid or the viral enzymes integrase and RNase H), regulatory and accessory proteins, processes (such as transcription, nuclear import and export of viral nucleic acid, and macromolecular interactions), and host targets (adhesion molecules, transcription factors, apoptosis, and signaling pathways).
Richmond, CA) has been granted a United States patent entitled "Regulation of Endogenous Gene Expression in Cells Using Zinc Finger Proteins.
gov Structure-Function Studies of Zinc Finger Proteins (HNV 99-44) A position is available to study the relationships between structure and function of a recently described family of zinc finger proteins, some of whose members appear to be involved in regulating mRNA stability.
First Targeted Immunoglobulin Knockout Rats Enabled by Zinc Finger Nuclease Technology PALO ALTO, Calif.