The Zimmermann Telegram has gone down in history as a major diplomatic pratfall, despite Zimmermann's protest that his proposal (the Mexicans, smartly, scurried away), was merely intended to lay out a possible option should America actually enter the war.
What does ZT stand for?
ZT stands for Zimmermann Telegram (war proposal)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ZT
We have 2 other meanings of ZT in our Acronym Attic
- Scottsdale, Arizona, USA airport code
- Zark Sniper Zone (gaming clan)
- Zdob Si Zdub (band)
- Total Available Effort
- Zebra Time
- Zen Tricksters (website)
- Zero Tear (printers)
- Zero Tolerance
- Zichy-Thyssen (Arabian horses)
- Zion Train (band)
- Zipper Tubing
- Zone Time
- Zoo Tycoon (game)
- Zuidelijk Toneel (Dutch theater company)
- Zulu Time (GMT 0.00) (military designation for Greenwich Mean Time)
- Zum Teil (German: partly, to some extent)
- Zydeco T (Atlanta, GA band)
- Zero Time Accessories (wrist watch retailer; Canada)
- Zero Time Average
Samples in periodicals archive:
a) German sinking of the Lusitania b) Alleged German atrocities in Belgium c) The Zimmermann telegram d) Diplomatic pressure from France and the UK 8.
He also examines specific diplomatic crises such as the Zimmermann Telegram in the First World War or the arrogant and illegal U.