Unable to procure the chemicals required, and lacking both the equipment and skills to maintain the water purification infrastructure, the Zimbabwe National Water Authority has simply shut down the regular water supply system.
What does ZINWA stand for?
ZINWA stands for Zimbabwe National Water Authority
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Zero Inflated Negative Binomial
- Zinc Is Not Commercial (structure-based drug design)
- ZOA (Zionist Organization of America) Israel News Connection
- Zerner's Intermediate Neglect of Differential Overlap
- Zero Gradient Synchrotron Intense Neutron Generator
- Zambia Interfaith Networking Group On HIV & AIDS (awareness group; Zambia)
- Zero Ink (Zink Imaging Inc, Bedford, MA)
- Zinc Industrias Nacionales SA (Spanish: Zinc National Industries; Callao, Peru)
- Zimbabwe Integrated Teacher Education Course
- Zappa in New York (album)
- Zinc Iodide-Osmium
- ND Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry (Russia)
- Zion National Park (US National Park Service)
- Zions Bancorporation (stock symbol)
- Zoning in on Physics
- Zanzibar Indian Ocean Research Institute (Tanzania)
- Compressed File (PKzip file name extension)
- Z-Machine Interpreter Program (Infocom's game emulator)
- Zenith International Publishing (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since the Zimbabwe National Water Authority (Zinwa) had failed to find chemicals to treat the water supply, the state-run utility on Sunday stopped pumping water in the capital, the government mouthpiece Herald newspaper said.
The 1998 water legislation transferred national planning functions to a new parastatal agency, the Zimbabwe National Water Authority (ZINWA) with oversight in the Ministry of Water and Rural Resources that is to be funded primarily through the sale of water behind government dams, the provision of raw water to cities and the levying of water to large-scale users.